It Was Slated in Today's Homeschool Class

to teach Emmie the Star-Spangled Banner.  Upon trying to retrieve the words from memory, I found that I could only recall the version my wily Uncle Les had sung so unceremoniously at a few minor league baseball games we had attended together:

"Oh, say can you see
Any dead bugs on me?
If you do,
Pick a few,
Make a sandwich or two."

Good for a laugh, but now I am having to Google the "Star-Spangled Banner".  I feel so unpatriotic...

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

1 comments:

Ben Weeks said...

do not worry about it. I can tell you so you can remember. It is. Oh say can you see. by the dawns early light, oh so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming. who's broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight, o'er the ramparts we watched were so galantly streaming. And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. O say that star spangled banner yet waaave. o'er of the free and the home of the brave. and the any dead bugs on me was pretty funny.