Potty Training

Well, I have started the potty training process with Emmaline!

She has been fighting me more and more just to change her diaper, so I decided I was sick of it. Yesterday I just let her run around the house naked and cleaned up after her. Today I did more of the same, then decided it was kind of silly. Now my battle plan is to just leave her naked for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. This way I can wait until I put Ian down for a nap and give her my full attention.

This morning Emmaline and I spent a good while in the bathroom, reading books until she finally peed in the potty! I think I had two books left to read before she actually peed, so it took her a while. After she peed, I cheered for her and praised her and gave her some M&M's (nothing like candy to get the point across!), and we did a peepee dance together. The second time I put her on the toilet she sat their straining and grunting and said, "Trying". It really is amazing how well candy communicates with children. I told her to just relax and it would come when it would come. After she peed the second time we did much of the same. I really hope this doesn't take too long, but I'm not in control of that. We'll just have to see how much Emmaline really wants to be done with diapers and keep getting M&M's!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments: