Quick Little Ian

Ian is incredibly quick to pick up sounds, so what he did yesterday shouldn't have surprised me. Maybe it was the hand-motion that accompanied the sound that got me.

We were waiting in the doctor's waiting room for Emmaline's name to be called. While waiting the kids were checking out the fish in the large aquarium the waiting room hosts. Ian was getting particularly excited and loud, so I got in front of him to get his attention and tell him to be quiet. Before I could utter a sound he looked at me, put his finger to his lips and said, "Sshh". And I just laughed. He did that several more times as his voice got too loud, without any cue from me. I was astounded.

Today I told Emmaline, "Shhhh, be quiet!" (She was standing next to Viggo's room yelling at the top of her lungs while he was sleeping.) Ian said, "Sshh..Ky", his version of "Sshh, be quiet'.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments: