A New Dress for Emmaline

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't really posted a lot lately. I have been super busy knitting and sewing. I have a lot of gifts I am trying to work on at the moment, including knitting a dress for Emmaline. I bought some fabrics quite a while ago, of which I actually posted some pictures on the blog, and it has been sitting around ever since. Since I found a pattern that somewhat resembles a really cute dress Emmaline already has, I decided to get to work. It took me a few weeks to sew and assemble this dress simply because I have so many other projects going on, on top of having an infant, toddler, husband, and house to take care of. Here is the finished project!


Unfortunately, it is a bit bigger and longer than I expected it to be. However, it is a blessing in disguise as she will be able to wear it longer. She was so excited about it yesterday when I tried it on her. I still needed to get buttons for it, so she couldn't wear it, but she kept following me everywhere, "I need dress. Emmy's dress. I need dress!" And all she wanted to do in it today was do her little dance! I was so glad to see how excited she was. It made me feel that it was worth all the work.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

1 comments:

Peaches 'N Purls said...

Looks great! Love the fabrics you chose.