Week 37

I haven't been very consistent with blogging about this pregnancy...as I only have a few weeks left, I'm not really expecting that to change.

I had an appointment with my midwife this past Wednesday. My GBS test has come back positive, so we are trying to get rid of that. My midwife also drew some blood; she was concerned about my lack of energy of late. It pretty much takes me all morning to gain enough energy to actually get stuff done in the afternoon. That supply of energy lasts me about an hour, and then I go kaput again. Needless to say, the kids and I are pretty miserable.

I feel as if I could go into labor any minute now. I'm not sure if that is due to the weariness, or just my mind playing tricks on me. Either way, I am ready for this to be over. I don't think I was ever this tired with my previous two pregnancies.

On a related note, David and I have yet to agree on a name for this baby. He has his heart set on Eric, and I just don't see this baby fitting that name. I have chosen the name Viggo Anthony, but David hates that name, absolutely hates it. However, since I haven't budged on the issue (even after having perused a million baby names with David), I think David is starting to resign himself to the fact that this baby's name will be Viggo. He says, "You can call him Viggo, and I'll just call him Eric." Fat chance of that happening!

Here are some pictures of the "coming home" outfit that has been made for Viggo. My sister Erin knit the pants and hat, and I actually had the energy and interest to pull together a sweater for him. So, now he will have a mostly handmade outfit for arriving home. I'm not about to sew him a shirt. A Gerber onesie will do just fine.


I've gotten my bags mostly packed. I am sure there are still a few last minute things and lists I need to pull together, but I am lacking inspiration now that I am mostly done. I'm sure when the day arrives, I'll be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Hopefully, it won't be too bad.

That's all I have the energy for tonight folks. Take care, and hopefully, I will have some pics of our new baby to post soon!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments: