Experiences as Emmaline's Mother

For those of you who do not know my daughter intimately, she is a wonderful little girl, full of spunk and spirit, a joy to be around, is a great source of entertainment, and is over-all a very good baby. And if you were to pass by her on the street you would probably think, "What a beautiful little girl!", as so many people are inclined to tell me when the DO pass us by while out and about. You would think she was a perfect little angel.

There is a big BUT that comes along with my little bunting, though, that few who intimately know her have seen. This would include myself, David, and Lucia.

Emmaline has a temper, and it reared its ugly little head about five months ago. However, it has of late become a little more intolerable since lately her temper has led to hitting.

This is where I would like to share an experience that is all too familiar to me, in its generality, of course. A couple of Sundays ago, while dropping off Emmaline in the Church nursery, I informed the lady who runs the nursery that Emmaline had been hitting of late and that if she did it while in the nursery they were welcome to tell her "No!" and to come get me.

Do you know what the lady to who I told all of this did after I finished?

She LAUGHED at me!!! Do you believe that?!! She laughed and said, "No, I don't believe that. Miss Emmaline hitting? She's such a little angel." Then she turned to the lady across the hallway who was running the preschooler room and said, "Emmaline's mommy has just informed me that Emmaline has been h-i-t-t-i-n-g."

Do you know what the lady across the hallway did?

She LAUGHED too! Then she voiced the same opinion, "No, Emmaline can't hit, she's too cute!"

My darling little girl started early. I don't know where she learned this, but I swear she knows what she is doing. She behaves perfectly for everyone at church, then when she gets home the demons come out!! She has them all duped, DUPED, I tell you!!!

Now, don't get me wrong, because I love my little girl, and I, too, believe she is a precious little angel. However, she is not perfect, and it can be very frustrating for me as her mother to have to deal with what is a serious behavior problem to me, then have people laugh in my face. I understand that they don't know her, truly, so I just try to let it roll off my shoulders. It doesn't hurt that I have this blog to vent, either.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments: